Atlantis: Other sources (II)
Not only Plato gives us news of Atlantis. There are also several Greek, Egyptian, Jewish and Indian sources:
a) Other Greek-Roman souces:
Plato informs us that for the Atlanteans the preferred sacrificial victim was the bull. In Greek mythology1, the sacrifice of the bull has been established during the Bronze Age by Titan Prometheus, brother of Atlas. The presence of the bull sacrifice is a bond uniting the Atlanteans to several populations of the Mediterranean basin where they were sailing, had colonies, trades, and where they fled after the cataclysm, spreading their lineage and so ensuring the survival of their tradition. The fight with a bull or its sacrifice was present everywhere the Atlantean influence had spread: in the island of Crete, in the Greek possession rituals of God Dionysus, in the Persian Mysteries of Mithra, in Egypt, among the Sumerians, up to in the Indo-Sarasvatī civilization. Even in today’s Spain, the corrida bullfight survives maintaining many archaic ritual features. Evidently, the most cruel phase of the Atlantis history coincided with the end of the Bronze Age (Dvapara yuga), when the Vernal Equinoctial Point was in Taurus (vṛṣabha, 4300-2200 B.C.)
In other narratives, the collapse of Atlantis seems to coincide with the Deucalion Deluge, which inaugurated the current Iron Age (Kali yuga), dominated by ignorance, anger and greed. The long period of Atlantean degeneration interrupted the transmission of warrior initiations and knowledge and required an exemplary punishment for those who (giants, rebel warriors, Kauravas, manuṣya rākṣasas) had deviated from the right way and the necessity of a return to justice. The punishment was dealt in form of wars of extermination and floods destroying the offspring of the giants: that was the era when Śrī Kṛṣṇa descended at the Dvapara yuga conclusion, in order to restore justice in the world2.
As we said earlier, Prometheus had been chained by Lord Zeus Eastward on Mount Caucasus, in the Scythian territory (i. e. of the Śāka people), while his brother Atlas was relegated Westward, near the Moroccan Atlas mountains, showing in this way the magnitude of the Atlantean conquest of the world. Prometheus relatives were the Amazons3, a fierce people of warrior women.4
Regarding Atlantis we do not only have information from Plato. The Greek Historians Hecataeus of Miletus and Herodotus called “Atlanteans” the Berbers living on the slopes of the Atlas plateau. It is also important the testimony of the Greek Historian Marcellus (recalled by the neo-platonic Proclus) that, referring to older historians, says that in the outer Atlantic Ocean there were seven small islands, consecrated to Proserpina (Greek: Persephone)5, and three greater ones, one of which was sacred to Lord Poseidon, God of See.
b) Egyptian souces:
From many epigraphic texts we know that Egypt has been repeatedly attacked for more than a century by a coalition of many populations proceeding from the western coasts of Africa and Europe. Egyptians called them “Sea Peoples”. The Greeks also called them Pelasgians6. It has been a strategic venture of gigantic proportions: a part of the Sea Peoples invaded all Europe, whereupon they crossed the present Turkey, Palestine, finally attacking Egypt from the East. Another part of the Sea Peoples invaded the whole of North Africa to attack Egypt from the West. Their powerful fleet 7 finally conquered all the Mediterranean islands and attacked the Egyptian coast from the Northern side. During this perfectly coordinated pincer movement, which lasted more than a century, many ancient kingdoms collapsed: Malta, Crete, Cyprus, Rhodes, Greece, the Hittite Empire, the Ugarite Kingdom, Palestine etc. Finally the Egyptian Pharaoh (Emperor) defeated the coalition near the city of Sais8, about the 1180 BC.
However, all the countries invaded by the Sea Peoples underwent to their influence. Even Egypt was later governed by two Libyan dynasties belonging to Sea Peoples (10th-8th century BC). There is no doubt that the Sea Peoples were the descendants of the Atlantean colonies, who were continuing their evil conquest plan of whole the world. The Egyptians called themselves Rutennu, the red people, and red men is the meaning of the Phoenician name, the ancient inhabitants of today’s Lebanon, one of the “Sea Peoples”. The Atlantean tradition was precisely the civilization of the red race, the color of the sun when it is setting and empurpling the Western sky; and color of the victim’s blood that the Atlanteans drank in their rites9. Even the worship of the red donkey, which we are discussing later, shows this disturbing presence in the Egyptian tradition. This demonstrates to what extent the Egyptians were influenced by Atlantean civilization.
Indeed, in the oldest period, Egypt was divided into two Kingdoms. The southern Kingdom, or upper Egypt, was devoted to the worship of Seth, the donkey headed anti-God (asura), while the northern Kingdom, or lower Egypt, had as the main deity Horus, the hawk headed God. The Pharaoh Meni10 unified the two Kingdoms and gave them a common legislation around 3500 AD. However in Egyptian Tradition two streams continued to live: the first of Atlantidean origin, corresponding to witchcraft worship of Seth, and the second one, the Horus sacred Dharma of Hyperborean origin. According to Egyptian mythology, the latter had arrived on the coasts of Africa from an Eastern country beyond the sea. It is fair to think that it was India. There are many clues proving this origin, as the form in which the Horus priests appeared: they had a śikhā on their shaved head, and wore a white dhoti under a leopard skin, as the śaiva ascetics. Instead, Seth’s evil cult transmitted a witchcraft sādhana to all other western civilizations11. That is the root of the any evil afflicting still today the West and which is propagating throughout the whole planet.
The red donkey headed Seth was the asura of the burning storms of the African desert. The Greeks called him Typhoon, (Gr .: Τυφωέυς read Typhéus), the burning one12.When Egyptian tradition extinguished, its wisdom continued in the other Mediterranean Religions under the shape of Hermeticism or Alchemy13. And in its bosom hiddenly propagated the Sethian seed.
c) Biblical souces:
In the Bible God created the first man of red clay and called him Adam, whose exact meaning in Hebrew language is “made of red clay”. This proves that Adam was connected with the Atlantis tradition. In fact, the Hyperboreans had white as symbolic color, like the brāhmaṇas of India. The Jewish esoteric tradition, the Kabbalah, actually mentions a first human couple that lived before Adam and Eve, not remembered in the Bible: a first “Adam” and his wife Lilith. Is this perhaps a reminder of Hyperborean humanity? However, Adam and Eve also generated their first children only after they lost the Earth’s Paradise. Ten were the generations of Adam descendents, as ten were the Kings of Atlantis. Their first daughters were so beautiful that the angels (Hebr.: Ben Elohim, God’s sons)14 fell in love with them and from those unions terrible giants (Hebr.: Nephilim) were born. Those giants were empious, violent and arrogant with God and it is easy to recognize in them the race of the Atlanteans. God therefore sent a flood to make perish all them. He commanded to the only right man among them, Noah, to build an ark to save himself so humanity would continue in his offspring after the universal Deluge. The Jews took this story from a previous Sumerian myth15. And this Sumerian myth probably had the same origins of the Manu’s story. Humanity was destroyed, but the evil seed of giants passed in to the new cycle through Cam, one of Noah’s three sons. In his offspring there was King Nimrod, who desired to conquer the whole world. He even wanted to conquer the heavens and expel God from his throne. He built a very tall tower to reach the sky. But God sent such a violent storm (Typhoon?) that after men could no longer communicate with each other. In this manner Humanity has been divided by language, nation and religion. This is how the Bible narrates the beginning of Kali yuga, in which mankind has been divided in races, languages, and civilizations, and how the historically founded religions were created.
d) The Book of Enoch:
The Book of Enoch is a canonical text of the Coptic Ethiopian Church. In it the visions of Enoch (prophet of the sixth generation after Adam) are described. Enoch tells that a group of angels rebelled against God’s wishes because they desired to marry the beautiful “daughters of men”. Since then they were called Egregors (Gr. Ἐγρήγοροi, read egrégoroi), the Vigilants, rākṣasas16. Their children were the Nephilim giants, strong and glorious men. But with the succession of generations, their divine origin declined and their increasingly violent, degenerate and diabolical temper emerged. They discovered the use of metallurgy and of the magic powers coming from it. In this way they discovered the witchcraft sciences and the use of black magic. For this reason God sent the Universal Flood in order to destroy that damned race. But through one of Noah’s sons the evil inclinations of the Nephilim overcame the Deluge barrier.
e) Indian souces:
When Rāvaṇa, the King-demon of the celebrated Rāmāyaṇa Epic, when is depicted in his rage with ten heads and twenty arms, often he shows an eleventh donkey head erging over the others. Rāvaṇa’s great-grandfather was Yātudhāna or Nairṛta, names meaning “full of evil” and “son of the destruction”. Nairrta’s mount was a donkey and he was the genius ruling the Southwest cardinal point. As he came from there when he invaded Laṅkā and exiled his brother-in-law Kubera, Rāvaṇa was called Nairṛtapatiḥ, Lord of the Southwest. Therefore, he came from the sea, from somewhere to the west of India, probably from islands such as Maldives or Laccadives, or farer, from the Seychelles. Hence, he possessed a powerful fleet to sail safely and carry numerous troops: in fact Rāmāyaṇa tells us that his subjects, the rākṣasas, extended their domains proceeding from the coasts.
The rākṣasas17 are demons that appear in human form, of black or reddish complexion, able to generate children indifferently with asurīs, yakṣinīs or women. With these latter they generated human rākṣasas, likewise the Ben-Elohim of the Bible, joining with the women, fathered the Nephilim, the giants. According to the Rāmāyaṇa, rākṣasas were human beings who had betrayed their svadharma and therefore had been banned from the human state and degraded to rākṣasatva condition. For the same reason when the kṣatriyas commit sacrilegious acts and bloodbaths and hence are cursed by some ṛṣis, they are said to turn into rākṣasas. Such as sacrilegious acts recall the terrible mass human sacrifices performed by Aztecs in ancient Mexico or the cannibalism acts of the Biblical giants. In Rāmāyaṇa very often it is emphasized that the rākṣasas eat the flesh of their enemies (nāra māṃsaśīlaḥ) and drink their blood (śoṇita bhojanaḥ), as the Atlantis Kings drank the blood of their victims.
In Laṅkā the principal Goddess of the rākṣasas was Nikumbhila18, terrific aspect of Bhadrakālī, worshipped with human sacrifices, orgiastic dances, wine19 and blood libations. The rākṣasas follow their dharma, they even perform asceticism, but just in order to gain power and siddhis for evil purposes. They are divided into castes: Rāvaṇa and his brothers belonged to the Brāhmaṇical caste. Their dharma includes marriage for abduction of indifferently unmarried or married women. They follow their instincts without restraint and represent all that is irrational, dark and destructive in the human soul.
Another resemblance with the Atlantis myth is represented by the description of Laṅkāpura, the capital of Laṅkā: the city was built in the centre of the island on a mountain with three peaks, Trikūṭa; on the central peak there was the fortress of the Ruler, surrounded by a triple circle of metal walls, the most internal of which was of blazing gold.
The rākṣasas wore glittering armors, demonstrating their ability in metallurgy, and they were experts in the magic arts they used widely for their purposes.
During a council with the ministers, Malayavan, Rāvaṇa’s Grandfather and Advisor, reminded him that in the world there are two categories of conscious beings, the divine and the demonic ones. Dharma is the hallmark of the first category, the adharma of the second one. Rāvaṇa and rākṣasas are the representatives of the adharma, just like the Nephilim, the Atlanteans and their descendants who are scattered all over the West and the whole Earth.
The rebellion against the divine laws accelerates the ruin and the unrestrainable decay of the cycle and the rākṣasas certainly are conscious about it. They are the manuṣya rākṣasas, counter-initiation agents and some among them even are rākṣasa-avatāras, adhārmika incarnations of counter-initiation. All these many similarities and incredible coincidences show an undeniable influence and a clear descent of Laṅkā kingdom from Atlantis. Laṅkā means “branch”. Perhaps was it not a branch of the Atlantis-Nirṛti Empire in the East?
Mind to not be fooled by the apparent historical discrepancies. The reader of this Website has already been informed about the historiographical prejudice. The traditional stories follow a cyclical trend, but all have the same meaning. The fight of Paraśurāma against the kṣatriya’s rebellion; Rama’s expedition versus Laṅkā; Kṛṣṇa’s descent as a punishment for the Kaurava are different episodes of a single story. The story of the struggle between Devas and Asuras, between Dharma and adharma.
We inform the readers that in 1995 the site of Göbekli Tepe dated to 11000 BC has been discovered in Southeastern Turkey. It is a complex of fifteen megalithic shrines adorned with fine bas-reliefs. The discovery is very embarrassing for the archaeologists. In fact, according to their evolutionary prejudices, the menkind of that millennium should have been still wild, feeding with berries and game, living as naked, ravenous and bestial nomads.
The entire complex was buried around 8000 BC. It seems that, after the defeat of the Atlanteans mentioned by Plato, the winners wished to erase even the memory of their former dominators.
- Hesiod, Theogonia, 535-540.
- “… O valiant Prince! Due to lapse of long time, this Yoga [for warriors] has disappeared from this world.” (Bhagavad Gītā, IV.2) “The royal caste sages knew this Yoga, thus transmitted it though kṣatriya paramparā. Due to lapse of a long stretch of time, the tradition of its transmission has disappeared from this world.” (Bhagavad Gītā Śaṃkara Bhāṣya, IV.2). “Whenever, scion of Bhāratas, Dharma declines and adharma prevails, I manifest Myself, for the protection of the virtuous, the destruction of the wicked, and to secure establishment of Dharma, I am born in every age.” (Bhagavad Gītā, IV.7-8).
- Name derived from the ancient Persian ha-mazan, woman-warrior. The connection between Amazons and Scythes is interesting, because it may deal with the origins of Tantrism. Indeed, some Āgamas claim the Tantrism as coming from a continent called Śāka dvīpa. In some paurāṇic descriptions Mount Meru is in the center of Śāka dvīpa, which someone identifies with the so-called Meroe “island” of present Sudan. Pliny and Strabo assert that the ancient Egyptian kingdom of Meroe had always been ruled by women (see also in the Acts of the Apostles, VIII, 27). These considerations let us suppose about a common Atlantean origin of Eastern Tantrism and Egyptian Hermetism, doctrines closely related.
- Traditionally, brāhmaṇas play the male role and kṣatriyas the female one, as in Aitareya Brāhmaṇa (VIII, 27): “I am that (male), you are this (female), I am the Heaven, you are the Earth”. Since a people composed only by women cannot exist, Amazons had to be a warrior people out of brāhmaṇical control.
- Wife of Hades, the dead kingdom’s God.
- Viz. In Greek “Peoples of the Sea”. The Greeks occupied Greece later then the Pelasgians. They told us that the Pelasgians had destroyed the previous Cretan and Mycenaeans Realms, powerful nations of the past.
- Plato had written that just one of the ten fiefs composing the Atlantis Kingdom had a fleet of one thousand and two hundred warships.
- This is the reason why we previously argued that ancient Athens had been the Egyptian Sais.
- Everywhere in the world red is the color of the Kings as well as in India it is the color of kṣatriyas
- As often it happens, the founder of a new civilization assumes a name that reminds Manu, the first man.
- According to a legend, Seth had two children, Hierosolymus and Judeus. The mount of the biblical prophets as well as of Jesus Christ was the donkey. According to the Sīra of Ibn Ishaq, the Burāq who brought Muhammad to the heavens was an animal “between the mule and the donkey”. This connects the donkey to some dark aspects of Jewish, Christian and Islamic religions. In India also the disquieting Goddess Śītala rides a donkey.
- Native Mexicans of Antlantiedan origin, called the same anti-God Hurricane (Taino: Hurakàn).
- Kemì, “Black Earth”, ancient name of Egypt; later al-kīmiyā in Arabic.
- As we shall see later, these angels were not Devas, but Asuras.
- The story of the Flood of Utnapishtim lies in the Gilgames epic poem (2500 B. C.).
- Let us remember that also the antediluvian warriors of Athens and Atlantis were called Vigilants.
- Usually it is considered that the name rākṣasa comes from rākṣas, vigilante, with the same meaning of the Egregors of the Book of Enoch. However, it is possible to have another etymological origin from raka (menstruum) and rakta (blood, red).
- Literally it means “intricate wood of wild cotton plants,” where secretly sacrifices are cruelly performed.
- Tantric tradition has many similarities with this rākṣasa dharma. When Tantrism is out of Brāhmaṇical control and the search for powers prevails, a certain Atlantean component emerges.