If the settings on your software that you are using to view this website (your browser) are adjusted to accept cookies we take this, and your continued use of our website, to mean that you are fine with this use.
- What are Cookies?
- What are Cookies?
1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small file of text sent to your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows websites or a third party to recognize you.
Types of Cookies
Those are the main two types of Cookies:
- Session Cookies - Also called a transient cookie, are cookies that are erased when the user closes the Web browser. This session cookies are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after the browser is closed. Session cookies do not collect information from the user's computer. They typically will store information in the form of a session identification that does not personally identify the user.
- Persistent Cookies - Also called permanent cookies, or stored cookies, are cookies that are stored on the user's hard drive until they expires after reaching their expiration dates or until the user deletes the cookie. Persistent cookies are used to collect identifying information about the user, such as Web surfing behavior or user preferences for a specific Website.
These cookies may be set by:
- This website. These are first party cookies. They may help you to use the site smoothly and set preferences.
- Another organisation. These are third-party cookies. They may allow social media sharing, tracking and analytics. Usually these are Persistent Cookies.
These cookies may either be:
- Analysis Cookies - used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site. They are similar to technical cookies if the service is anonymized.
- Profiling Cookies - used exclusively by third parties other than the owner of this site to collect information on the behavior of users during browsing, and on interests and consumption habits, also used in order to provide personalized advertising.
This website uses several categories of cookies, and each has a different purpose:
- Strictly necessary Technical Cookies. These are required for the smooth operation of this website. They are usually session cookies and placed by this website. They do things like:
Help you to navigate around the website.
Help to support the structure of the website.
Make our website work as expect.
Remember your settings during and between visits.
Improve the speed/security of the site.
To track the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies. These remember preferences to help provide a better service. They are often persistent cookies and may be placed by this website or a third-party organisation. They do things like:
Remember your preferences such as language settings.
Remember if you have consented to accept cookies, so that I don’t have to keep asking you if you’d like to accept them
- Anonymous visitor statistics Analysis Cookies
Cookies used to compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited this website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies), how long they spend on the site, what page they look at etc. This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if , on an anonymous basis, how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine).
This website does not uses Profiling Cookies.
Third Party Cookies
The use of these cookies is governed by the rules established by the third parties themselves, therefore, users are invited to read the privacy information and instructions for managing or disabling cookies published in the following web pages:
3. How to control Cookies
You can manage website cookies in your browser settings and you always have the option to change these settings. Each browser has slightly different settings, so to manage cookies, refer to the relevant settings within the browser. Through the browser preferences it is also possible to delete the Cookies installed in the past, including the Cookie in which the consent to the installation of Cookies by this site is eventually saved. The User can find information on how to manage Cookies with some of the most popular browsers such as the following addresses: